On a tandem skydive, you will exit the airplane from approximately 10,000 feet above the ground, harnessed to a USPA certified Tandem Instructor. Free fall time is about 40 seconds, followed by a five minute absolutely peaceful parachute flight. This skydive is an excellent opportunity for the person who wants to experience the full thrill of skydiving before entering our student training program. The jump can be recorded by a free fall videographer and dropped in an online dropbox for retrieval. Digital pictures will also be taken, creating a lasting memory of your skydive. Our tandem jumps are not carnival rides! We train our tandem students starting on their very first jump. Family and friends are welcome, and may watch as the student and instructor land the parachute.
The requirements for making a tandem jump are:
- Complete all required waivers
- Be in good health
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not exceed 225 pounds
- The cost is $275 for the jump and an additional $100 if you would like the video and pictures package. Participants must call ahead to schedule a tandem jump.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot and will be applied toward the cost of your jump.
- Wear proper attire for the weather and please wear tennis shoes - no boots, sandals, flip flops.
- You do not need to complete the first jump course in order to make a tandem skydive.
Tandem skydives are available on weekends and are usually scheduled between April 1 and October 31, so call now to schedule your tandem!
The Mid-America Sport Parachute Club uses USPA rated Instructors to teach our students.